What is RUV?
RUV is the Icleand’s national public service broadcaster and television programming distributor. It offers both live and on-demand content without advertising and is has apps on many platforms.
We have a lot of Icelandic expats and other fans of Icelandic content that live outside of the Iceland that enjoy access to the service via the playmoTV DNS gateway.
I wanna access RUV now! What do I need to do?
If you are a playmoTV DNS user you can access RUV outside Iceland (as a matter of fact anywhere in the world), as long as you configure your device to use our DNS servers, and your location is authenticated by our system.
If you’re not a playmoTV DNS user then you need to do the following (existing users linked to our service can go to step 3):
- Sign up for a playmoTV DNS account (takes less than a minute if you sign up via Google or Facebook)
- Link your computer or device to the playmoTV gateway so we can help you access RUV.
- Go to ruv.is and start streaming. Yes, it’s that easy!
Does playmoTV DNS come with a RUV account?
No, playmoTV DNS only helps you unblock access to RUV. However, unlike many of the services we support, RUV is completely free, so using our service to access RUV is a no-brainer.
How much does RUV cost?
Nothing. It’s free! Not only that, there are no ads for on-demand content on RUV.
What content is on RUV?
RUV access is split into
- Live content: You get live access to all their live channels, TV channels RUV 1 and RUV 2 and their radio channels.
- On-demand content: Here you have on-demand access to many popular shows like Match of the Day, Top Gear, Line of Duty, MasterChef UK, Dragon’s Den and more.
Supported devices for RUV
We support BBC iPlayer on the following devices:
- Apple TV (4th generation).
- Android TV.
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)